Books are our passion here at esKape Press. We live and breathe them. More importantly, we love the authors who bring them to us. And what better way to show our appreciation, not only to authors but to readers as well, than with a publishing house that caters to both?
Why publish with esKape Press? Because we are authors first. And as authors, we know what we'd like to see a publisher offer, so that's what we're doing:
- 50% royalties across the board on all digital books after distributors' percentage. We feel the books we contract are still the author's work and that the author should reap as much income as possible for that work.
- PRINT BOOKS! We know the dream of every author is to hold his/her book, smell it, hug it. So our titles will release in print within a week of the ebook version going live on third party sites!
- The very talented, award-winning cover artist Elaina Lee will be our Senior Cover Artist. Elaina's experience makes her a huge asset to esKape Press. You will work directly with her to design and create a cover you love. No one knows your story better than you, and by working one on one with Elaina, you will be able to create the best artistic representation of your book. You will always have final say on your book's cover. We will never make you use something you aren't happy with.
- Reader incentives to garner more site sales so that you get the most royalties possible. The best way to get authors higher amounts in royalties is with site sales. Our marketing team and website engineers have put together a design that is user-friendly. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of the reader incentives we have planned for our customers!
- ARCs will be sent out two to four weeks in advance of release to several reviewers.
- You will work with a team of dedicated editors who have years of experience in the industry to make your manuscript the best it can be.
- We have a team in place whose sole purpose is to market your book on all social media sites available.
- You will receive weekly sales numbers during the first 3-6 months to help in developing marketing strategies.
- Pricing is the key. esKape Press intends to use the low overhead costs for the company to our advantage by pricing our books well below that of most indie publishers. How does this help you the author? It opens up several key venues of marketing for you, such as Amazon's Hot New Releases, where timing is everything. You only have the first 30 days of release to take advantage of this exposure. We've studied the market extensively. Data indicates that readers will take a chance on books that are priced in the $.99-$2.00 range. Our marketing team will continue to follow the trends, and we will make adjustments as necessary to stay competitive.
- We will pursue other rights such as foreign, audio, print, etc. hand in hand with the author, giving the author a choice in the decision-making and negotiations. Here at esKape Press, we feel the author should receive the lion's share of any advance for rights – 60% after all expenses, fees, taxes, agent percentages, etc. are paid.